WJMC - Surgical Pre-Registration Information
If you are scheduled for a surgical procedure at West Jefferson Medical Center, please call 504-349-2437 to schedule your Pre-Op Appointment for a minimum of 3 days prior to your scheduled procedure date.
During this appointment, you will complete the following, so please be sure to allot at least 90 minutes to complete the entire process:
- Meet with the Pre-Op Registration staff to gather your current demographic and insurance information, as well as sign all necessary hospital forms.
- Anesthesia consultation (if required)
- Pre-Op Nurse consultation
- Lab work ordered by your Physician or Anesthesia (if required)
- EKG (if required)
- Chest x-ray if ordered
Your insurance eligibility and benefit information will be verified by a Pre-Registration staff member and they will contact you to make you aware of any financial liability due prior to your procedure.
We realize that your time is valuable, so once your Pre-Op appointment is scheduled, you can submit your pre-registration information to us using one of these options:
- Click Here to access the electronic submission form
- Call 504-349-6859 and leave the required information at the voice prompts
Our Pre-Registration staff will then pre-register you in our Registration system and simply verify the information with your during your Pre-Op visit.
On the day of your Pre-Op appointment, please present to Central Registration which is located near the Gift Shop in the Atrium and make sure to bring your insurance card, picture ID and the packet of Physician’s orders that your received from the Physician’s office.
Back to Patient Registration Home